This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which You may access our website www.womensbusinessweb.co.uk, our systems and our networks as well as the systems and networks of others. This acceptable use policy applies to users who browse our website and view our Business Directory and subscribers who are listed within our Business Directory.
our online directory containing listings and information related to our subscribers;
a listing in our Business Directory;
an individual or business who add a listing to our Business Directory;
an individual who browses our site;
“Women Orientated Business”
businesses which are run or represented by women;
“Women Orientated Services/Goods”
goods and services which are provided by Women Orientated Businesses;
a User or a Subscriber
- GENERAL PROHIBITIONS
- You shall not use our website, systems, network, Business Director or any of our services:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with Our content standards as set out in Clause 2 of this Acceptable Use Policy;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our website.
- CONTENT STANDARDS
- These content standards apply to any and all material which you:
- upload in respect of our Interactive Services (as defined below in Paragraph 4);
- circulate, transmit or present to other users of the website;
- include as part of any advertisement where you are taking advertising space on our website.
- You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Content as well as to its whole.
- Content must:
- be accurate (where it states facts);
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions);
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from or in which such Content can be received or uploaded.
- Content must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material (unless We have given You permission to use Our Services to provide adult content);
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent Your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that it has emanated from Us, if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- contain viruses, works, Trojan horses or other malicious components;
- contain Warez, which includes but is not limited to pirated software, ROMS, emulators, phreaking, hacking, password cracking, IP spoofing and encrypting of any of the above. Also includes any sites which provide links or ‘how to’ information about such material;
- contain or link to HYIP content;
- have the potential to or cause Us to suffer publicity which We consider to be adverse.
- We reserve the right in our absolute discretion to remove any feedback left about a subscriber where we in our opinion believe that such feedback is malicious, inaccurate or not a validly held opinion.
- LISTING STANDARDS
- Where you are a subscriber and you upload a listing into our Business Directory you will ensure that the content of any listing placed upon our website “Listing Content” shall comply with the content standards set out in paragraph 2 and this paragraph 3.
- You will ensure that the Listing Content complies with any present or future applicable code of practice, adjudication, decision, guideline, direction or rule of any Advertising Regulator.
- For the purposes of this paragraph 3, an Advertising Regulatory means the Office of Communications (“Ofcom”), the Broadcast Committee of Advertising Practice (“BCAP”), the Committee of Advertising Practice (“CAP”), the Advertising Standards Authority (“ASA”), the ASA (Broadcast) and any other UK or EU regulator or statutory or relevant regulatory body.
- BLOGS, FORUMS AND FEED BACK
- We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Discussion Forums;
- Subscriber feed back
- We will use reasonable endeavours to monitor contributions on any of our interactive services but we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
- If you wish to report any abuse or in appropriate content on any of our interactive services please contact email@example.com.
- We reserve the right to remove and/or modify any contributions to our interactive services and by uploading any contribution to our website you grant as an irrevocable licence to copy, alter, publish, exploit or undertake any other action in respect of any such contribution.
- If we receive a take-down notice or complaint, we reserve the right to take down any contribution from our interactive services.
- SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
- We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site . When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- remove infringing Content from our website without notice to you;
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site;
- issue a warning to you;
- take legal against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary;
- Responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- If we receive any take down notices in respect of copyright infringing content, We reserve the right to remove such content without notice to You, irrespective of whether such take down notice is valid.
- CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
- We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on You. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.